Sunday, September 16, 2012

Farewell, US of A

After a quick layover in Chicago, I should be on my way to Madrid. I want to apologize to anyone I was not able to see before leaving. I will truly miss everyone, but I am excited about yet another journey. I will, however, try to keep in touch while in Madrid. This blog, skype, ooVoo. and all of the cool communication  apps (Tango, whatsapp, etc.) coming out nowadays will hopefully mitigate the disconnect as much as possible.

I traditionally have not been one to take many pics during my travels, but I hope to keep this blog interesting with pics, and occasionally, videos to keep you in the know of my life in Madrid.

When I arrive in Madrid, I will immediately start checking out rooms in apartments around the city. At the moment, I am pretty excited about exploring the city and becoming familiar with the districts by checking out "pisos compartidos." Hopefully that excitement will not soon be spoiled by getting lost and countless communication errors with landlords in my broken Spanish. I expect all the above to occur, but it's all a part of the adventure!

Hasta luego,

Ameer

No comments:

Post a Comment